- Etching and drypoint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 1/16 x 6 11/16 inches (20.4 x 17 cm), Plate: 4 3/4 x 3 13/16 inches (12 x 9.7 cm), and Image: 3 15/16 x 2 15/16 inches (10 x 7.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Skylark | (AM1134)"
Lettered lower left within image: "S. Palmer"; lettered lower left to lower center below image within plate marks: "Samuel Palmer | [...]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | bird | chimney | corn | cottage | dog (animal) | fence | field | figure | gate | genre subject | hat | hills | landscape | man | staff (walking stick) | stick | thatch | trees | wheat
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
Rachel Campbell-Johnston, Mysterious wisdom, the life and work of Samuel Palmer , Bloomsbury, London; New York, 2011, p. 243, NJ18 P19 C36 2011 (YCBA)