- Materials & Techniques:
- Etching and drypoint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 1/16 x 6 11/16 inches (20.4 x 17 cm), Plate: 4 3/4 x 3 13/16 inches (12 x 9.7 cm), Image: 3 15/16 x 2 15/16 inches (10 x 7.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Skylark | (AM1134)"
Lettered lower left within image: "S. Palmer"; lettered lower left to lower center below image within plate marks: "Samuel Palmer | [...]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | bird | chimney | corn | cottage | dog (animal) | fence | field | figure | gate | genre subject | hat | hills | landscape | man | staff (walking stick) | stick | thatch | trees | wheat
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Samuel Palmer, 1805–1881, British, active in Italy (1837–39), The Skylark, 1850