IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by William Blake, 1757–1827, British, Europe. A Prophecy, Plate 16, "Ethinthus queen of waters . . . . " (Bentley 17), 1794
Europe. A Prophecy, Plate 16, "Ethinthus queen of waters . . . . " (Bentley 17)
- Color-printed relief etching in dark brown with pen and black ink, oil and watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 3/4 x 10 1/2 inches (37.5 x 26.7 cm), Plate: 9 1/8 x 6 1/2 inches (23.2 x 16.5 cm), Spine: 15 3/8 inches (39.1 cm)
Inscribed in gray ink upper right: "14"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- birds | flowers (plants) | leaf | religious and mythological subject | serpent | snake | text | vines
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.