- The Rising Moon
- Etching and drypoint, with plate tone on thick, smooth, cream wove paper with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 10 3/4 x 14 5/16 inches (27.3 x 36.4 cm), Plate: 7 x 9 13/16 inches (17.8 x 25 cm), and Image: 4 5/8 x 7 1/2 inches (11.8 x 19.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "[?31]1950"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "H. [?7]. The Rising Moon | by Samuel Palmer"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "C.1788 [?1]"; inscribed in graphite, lower center on back: "94081"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | barrel | church | clouds | cypress | genre subject | hat | hills | horizon line | house | landscape | moon | moonlight | mountain | night | pond | sheep | shepherd | staff | tower (building division) | trees | trough | village
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Samuel Palmer, 1805–1881, British, active in Italy (1837–39), The Rising Moon, 1857
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.