Europe. A Prophecy, Plate 17, "Shot from the heights . . . . " (Bentley 18)
- Color-printed relief etching in dark brown with pen and black ink, oil and watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 3/4 x 10 1/2 inches (37.5 x 26.7 cm), Plate: 9 1/8 x 6 1/2 inches (23.2 x 16.5 cm), and Spine: 15 3/8 inches (39.1 cm)
Inscribed in gray ink upper right: "15"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- children | fire | flame | leaf | men | nudes | stairs | text | vines | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
William L. Pressly, James Barry's murals at the Royal Society of Arts : envisioning a new public art, Cork University Press, Cork, Ireland, 2014, pp. 289-90, fig. 58, NJ18.B2425 P725 2014 OVERSIZE (YCBA)