Print made by William Blake, 1757–1827, British, Europe. A Prophecy, Plate 6, "The shrill winds wake . . . . " (Bentley 7), 1794
Europe. A Prophecy, Plate 6, "The shrill winds wake . . . . " (Bentley 7)
- Color-printed relief etching in dark brown with pen and black ink, oil and watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 14 3/4 x 10 1/2 inches (37.5 x 26.7 cm), 9 1/8 x 6 1/2 inches (23.2 x 16.5 cm), and 15 3/8 inches (39.1 cm)
Inscribed in gray ink upper right: "4"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- clouds | dancing | fire | flames | men | nudes | religious and mythological subject | text | women
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest: