Print made by William Blake, 1757–1827, British, Europe. A Prophecy, Plate 8 (Bentley 9), 1794
Europe. A Prophecy, Plate 8 (Bentley 9)
- Materials & Techniques:
- Color-printed relief etching in dark brown ink, with oil, watercolor, and pen and black ink on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 3/4 x 10 1/2 inches (37.5 x 26.7 cm), Plate: 9 1/4 x 6 3/4 inches (23.5 x 17.1 cm), Spine: 15 3/8 inches (39.1 cm)
Inscribed in gray ink upper right: "6"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- children | crematorium | fire | flames | furnace | infant | mourning | religious and mythological subject | sitting | smoke | women
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.