The First Book of Urizen, Plate 24, "Of Life Forsaken Mountains...." (Bentley 23)
- Part Of:
- Color-printed relief etching in orange-brown with watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 x 7 1/8 inches (25.4 x 18.1 cm), Plate: 5 7/8 x 3 5/8 inches (14.9 x 9.2 cm), and Spine: 10 1/4 inches (26 cm)
Inscribed in graphite upper right: "20"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beard | fire | flames | globe | lantern | light | lion | literary theme | men | mountains | religious and mythological subject | text
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
William Blake, Libros profe´ticos, vol. 1, Atalanta, Vilau¨r, Spain, 2013, p. 327, PR4142 .S35 2013