- The Dead Eagle - Oran (Vignette)
- Etching and engraving (Engraver's Proof) on moderately thick, slightly textured, crea, wove paper with cream chine colle
- Sheet: 16 9/16 × 11 3/16 inches (42.1 × 28.4 cm), Plate: 11 1/2 × 6 inches (29.2 × 15.2 cm), Chine collé: 11 5/16 × 5 11/16 inches (28.7 × 14.4 cm), and Image: 3 3/4 × 3 inches (9.5 × 7.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.632"; inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Engraver's Proof."; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "Turner - W.Miller"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "The dea eagle | Oran - campbell's Poems"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "(one of Turner's proofs)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
William Miller, 1796–1882, British, The Dead Eagle - Oran (Vignette), 1837
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.