Print made by John Cousen, 1804–1880, British, St. Agatha's Abbey, 1844-1867
St. Agatha's Abbey
- Part Of:
- Line engraving; engraver's proof on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper, with cream chine collé
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.642"
Lettered below image, lower left: "J.M.W. Turner R.A."; lower right: "J. Cousen"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- abbey | architectural subject | landscape (representation) | river | ruin
- Associated Places:
- Abbey of St. Agatha, Easby | North Yorkshire | Richmond | Swale
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.