- For the Sexes: The Gates of Paradise, Plate 6, "Air"
- Etching and line engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Spine: 13 3/4 inches (34.9 cm), Sheet: 13 3/8 x 9 3/8 inches (34 x 23.8 cm), and Plate: 3 1/4 x 2 7/8 inches (8.3 x 7.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite lower center: "4. Naked in Air, in Shame and Fear, | Blake's 'Key'."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- clouds | literary theme | men | night | nudes | religious and mythological subject | sitting | sky | stars | text
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Blake, 1757–1827, British, For the Sexes: The Gates of Paradise, Plate 6, "Air", 1826
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.