- Part Of:
- Line engraving on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper with chine-collé
- Sheet: 14 1/2 × 10 1/2 inches (36.8 × 26.7 cm), Plate: 8 1/4 × 6 inches (21 × 15.2 cm), Chine collé: 7 7/8 × 5 1/2 inches (20 × 14 cm), and Image: 4 × 3 1/4 inches (10.2 × 8.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.504"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "1833 | Scott's Poems - 2nd state"
Lettered below image, lower right: "J.M.W. Turner R.A."; lower right: "J. Horsburgh"; lower center: "Ashestiel | EDINBURGH; PUBLISHED1833, BY ROBERT CADELL | AND MOON, & BOYS & GRAVES, LONDON."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- estate | hills | landscape (representation) | river
- Associated Places:
- Ashiestiel | Ashiestiel House | Scotland | Scottish Borders | Tweed
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Horsburgh, 1791–1869, British, Ashestiel (Vignette), 1834
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.