Loch Achray (Vignette)
- Part Of:
- Line engraving, second state on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper, with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 14 1/2 × 10 1/2 inches (36.8 × 26.7 cm), Plate: 8 1/4 × 6 inches (21 × 15.2 cm), Chine collé: 7 1/2 × 5 1/2 inches (19.1 × 14 cm), Image: 3 1/2 × 3 1/4 inches (8.9 × 8.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.508"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "Scott's Poems 1834 2nd state"
Lettered below image, lower left: "J.M.W. Turner R.A."; lower right: "W. Miller"; lower center: "Loch Achray | EDINBURGH; PUBLISHED 1833, BY ROBERT CADELL, | AND MOON, BOYS & GRAVES, LONDON"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- lake | landscape (environment) | literary theme | mountain
- Associated Places:
- Achray, Loch | Scotland | Stirling | Venue, Ben
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Miller, 1796–1882, British, Loch Achray (Vignette), 1834
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.