Junction of the Greta and the Tees
- Part Of:
- Line engraving, before title on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper, with cream chine collé
- 6 1/4 × 8 1/2 inches (15.9 × 21.6 cm), 6 × 8 1/4 inches (15.2 × 21 cm), 5 1/2 × 8 inches (14 × 20.3 cm), and 3 1/4 × 5 3/4 inches (8.3 × 14.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.509" inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "Junction of Greta & Tees Scott's Poems 1833"
Lettering below image, lower left: "J.M.W. Turner"; lower right: "John Pye"; lower center: "Edinburgh 1833, R. Cadell, Moon, Boys & Graves, London"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape (representation) | literary theme | manor house | rivers | tower (building division)
- Associated Places:
- Durham | England | Greta | Mortham Tower | Rokeby | Tees
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Pye, 1782–1874, British, Junction of the Greta and the Tees, 1834
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.