- Part Of:
- Line engraving on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper with chine-collé
- Sheet: 10 3/8 × 14 1/2 inches (26.4 × 36.8 cm), Plate: 6 × 8 1/4 inches (15.2 × 21 cm), Chine collé: 5 3/4 × 7 7/8 inches (14.6 × 20 cm), and Image: 3 1/4 × 5 3/4 inches (8.3 × 14.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.516"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "Scott's Poems 1833. 2nd state"
Lettered below image, lower left: "J.M.W. Turner R.A."; lower right: "W. Miller"; lower center: "Berwick- upon Tweed | Edinburgh, Published 1833, by Robert Cadell; & Moon, Boys & Graves, London"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridge | castle | landscape (representation) | literary theme | river
- Associated Places:
- Berwick Bridge | Berwick Castle | Berwick-upon-Tweed | England | Northumberland | Tweed
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Miller, 1796–1882, British, Berwick-on-Tweed, 1834
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.