- Part Of:
- Line engraving on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper, with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 10 3/8 × 14 1/2 inches (26.4 × 36.8 cm), Plate: 6 × 8 1/4 inches (15.2 × 21 cm), Chine collé: 5 3/4 × 7 7/8 inches (14.6 × 20 cm), and Image: 3 1/4 × 5 3/4 inches (8.3 × 14.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.516"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "Scott's Poems 1833. 2nd state"
Lettered below image, lower left: "J.M.W. Turner R.A."; lower right: "W. Miller"; lower center: "Berwick- upon Tweed | Edinburgh, Published 1833, by Robert Cadell; & Moon, Boys & Graves, London"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridge | castle | landscape (representation) | literary theme | river
- Associated Places:
- Berwick Bridge | Berwick Castle | Berwick-upon-Tweed | England | Northumberland | Tweed
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Miller, 1796–1882, British, Berwick-on-Tweed, 1834
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.