- Pl. 3: Baffled Devils Fighting [' ... so turn'd/ His talons on his comrade.' Hell; Canto xxii. line 135]
- Line engraving on medium, slightly textured, cream wove India proof paper
- Sheet: 14 11/16 × 21 1/4 inches (37.3 × 54 cm), Plate: 11 × 14 inches (28 × 35.5 cm), and Image: 9 1/2 × 13 1/8 inches (24.2 × 33.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, below image, lower center: "Plate III The Circle of the Corrupt Officials: The Devils attacking eachother"; below image, lower right: "B.129 only state"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
William Blake, 1757–1827, British, Pl. 3: Baffled Devils Fighting [' ... so turn'd/ His talons on his comrade.' Hell; Canto xxii. line 135], 1827
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.