- Pl. 7: The Circle of Traitors: Dante Striking Against Bocca degli Abati ['...'Wherefore dost bruise me?' weeping he/ exclaim'd.' Hell; Canto xxxii. line 79.]
- Line engraving on medium, slightly textured, cream wove India proof paper
- Sheet: 15 7/16 × 21 1/4 inches (39.2 × 54 cm), Plate: 10 13/16 × 13 7/8 inches (27.4 × 35.3 cm), and Image: 9 3/16 × 13 3/8 inches (23.4 × 34 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, below image, lower center: "The Circle of the Traitors. | Plate VII Bocca degli Abati in the Lake of Ice"; below image, lower right: "B.133 only state."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
William Blake, 1757–1827, British, Pl. 7: The Circle of Traitors: Dante Striking Against Bocca degli Abati ['...'Wherefore dost bruise me?' weeping he/ exclaim'd.' Hell; Canto xxxii. line 79.], 1827
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.