A Farewell - Lake of Como, II
- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Etching and line engraving on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 7/8 × 10 inches (37.8 × 25.4 cm), Plate: 10 1/4 × 5 5/8 inches (26 × 14.3 cm), Chine collé: 9 7/8 × 5 1/4 inches (25.1 × 13.3 cm), Image: 2 3/4 × 3 1/2 inches (7 × 8.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R 372"; inscribed in graphite on verso, lower left: "Turner - R. Wallis Rogers' Italy"; lower center: "'A Farewell' first plate"; lower right: "one of Turner's proofs"
Turner sale mark: J. M .W. Turner (Lugt 1498)
Lettered below image, lower center: "London Published January 1, 1830 by Robert Jennings & WIlliam Chaplin 62. Cheapside"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- lake | landscape (representation) | terrace
- Associated Places:
- Como, Lago di | Italy | Lombardy
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Wallis, 1794–1878, British, A Farewell - Lake of Como, II, 1830
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.