A Correct Representation of Her Majesty Queen Caroline Returning from the House of Lords, 1820
- after 1820
- Aquatint and etching, hand-colored on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- 9 5/16 x 17 5/8 inches (23.6 x 44.7 cm), 8 7/16 x 16 5/16 inches (21.5 x 41.5 cm), and 6 5/8 x 15 7/16 inches (16.8 x 39.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "20745 9 8/20"
Lettered, lower left: "I R Cruikshank fecit ~"; lower center: "A CORRECT REPRESENTATION OF HER MAJESTY QUEEN CAROLINE RETURNING FROM THE HOUSE OF LORDS, 1820. | Pub.d by G. Humphrey 27 St James's Street. London."; lower right: "R Wad vivam delt"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- calash | carriage | crowds | genre subject | gesturing | harnesses | horses (animals) | illustration | parasol | queen (person) | representation | royalty | sitting | soldiers | sunlight | talking | whip
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | Greater London | House of Lords | Palace of Westminster | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Isaac Cruikshank, 1789–1856, British, A Correct Representation of Her Majesty Queen Caroline Returning from the House of Lords, 1820, after 1820
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.