- Wood engraving with hand coloring on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper, pasted on contemporary mount made of moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Mount: 7 15/16 x 6 7/8 inches (20.2 x 17.4 cm), Sheet (cropped inside plate): 7 11/16 x 6 9/16 inches (19.6 x 16.7 cm), and Image: 6 3/4 x 5 9/16 inches (17.1 x 14.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "7"; in black ink, on masking tape attached to sheet: ""Coaxing Mother""
Lettered in black ink, within image, lower left: "RB"; within image, lower right: "E. E."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- apples | aprons (main garments) | baking | bowl (vessel) | chair | children | cloth doll | cooking | daughters | dresses | food | fruit | genre subject | girls | God's eye | headband | house | housewife (person) | interior | kitchen | mother | neckpiece | rolling pin | table | talking | urns | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.