- Additional Title(s):
Mother, Three Children, an Older Woman and a Beehive
- Wood-engraving and watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 1/2 × 5 1/8 inches (19.1 × 13 cm), Image: 4 1/2 × 3 11/16 inches (11.4 × 9.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper center: "Scale . . Red Blue Yellow Herb Grey (each underlined)"
Lettered, lower right: "R Barnes | 1854"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- apron | beehives | bees | bonnets | boots | boy | children | coats | door | dresses | family | farm | fence | flowers (plants) | foliage | garden | genre subject | gesturing | girls | hat | house | kerchief | mother | ribbon | roof | showing | stockings | straw | stump | talking | tree | windows | women
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Barnes, 1840–1895, British, The Beehive, 1854
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.