Print made by Robert Barnes, 1840–1895, British, Boy Playing by the Sea, undated
Boy Playing by the Sea
- Wood-engraving with watercolor on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper mounted on thick, slightly textured, beige card
- Mount: 6 3/4 x 8 inches (17.1 x 20.3 cm), Sheet: 6 5/8 x 7 9/16 inches (16.8 x 19.2 cm), and Image: 4 7/16 x 5 9/16 inches (11.2 x 14.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "29"
Lettered, lower right: "RB"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beach | boy | cap | child | children | genre subject | rocks (landforms) | sand | sea | shore (landform) | swimsuit | water
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.