Print made by Robert Barnes, 1840–1895, British, Boy Playing by the Sea, undated
Boy Playing by the Sea
- Materials & Techniques:
- Wood-engraving with watercolor on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper mounted on thick, slightly textured, beige card
- Mount: 6 3/4 x 8 inches (17.1 x 20.3 cm), Sheet: 6 5/8 x 7 9/16 inches (16.8 x 19.2 cm), Image: 4 7/16 x 5 9/16 inches (11.2 x 14.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "29"
Lettered, lower right: "RB"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beach | boy | cap | child | children | genre subject | playing | rocks (landforms) | sand | sea | shore (landform) | swimsuit | water
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.