- Materials & Techniques:
- Wood-engraving with hand coloring on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/2 x 7 3/16 inches (26.6 x 18.2 cm), Image: 7 3/8 x 5 3/8 inches (18.8 x 13.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right, within image, in box: "THE NIGHTINGALE"; lower center: "I can't get quite the color, I want a [...] combination of"; lower right: "Grey and Brown (underlined)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- benches | children's literature | coats | costume | discussion (meeting) | dog (animal) | dress | evening | fairy tale | genre subject | gown | hats | hills | illustration | landscape | man | moon | night | table | talking | trees | woman
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Alfred W. Cooper, active 1850–1901, British, The Nightingale, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.