- Wood-engraving with hand coloring on moderately thick, slightly textured, blued white wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/2 x 7 3/16 inches (26.6 x 18.2 cm) and Image: 7 3/8 x 5 3/8 inches (18.8 x 13.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right, within image, in box: "THE NIGHTINGALE"; lower center: "I can't get quite the color, I want a [...] combination of"; lower right: "Grey and Brown (underlined)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- benches | children's literature | coats | costume | discussion (meeting) | dog (animal) | dress | evening | fairy tale | genre subject | gown | hats | hills | illustration | landscape | man | moon | night | table | talking | trees | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Alfred W. Cooper, active 1850–1901, British, The Nightingale, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.