- Wood-engraving with hand coloring on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 5/16 x 7 9/16 inches (18.6 x 19.2 cm) and Image: 5 1/8 x 5 3/8 inches (13 x 13.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "(L [written over "M"])"; upper right: "Excelsior"; within image, upper right: "There should [...] be a line | round the block as the | letter press is intended to | come down here"; lower left: "You have the Tail piece to this"; lower right: "at the bottom of the page"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beach | boulder | boy | bucket | cap (headgear) | children | children's literature | coast | costume | dress | genre subject | girl | hats | illustration | landscape | net (object) | pail | rocks (landforms) | sailor collar | sailor suit | sand | sash | sea | shore (landform) | stream | wading
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Alfred W. Cooper, active 1850–1901, British, Excelsior, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.