- Wood-engraving with hand coloring on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 5/16 x 7 9/16 inches (18.6 x 19.2 cm), Image: 5 1/8 x 5 3/8 inches (13 x 13.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "(L [written over "M"])"; upper right: "Excelsior"; within image, upper right: "There should [...] be a line | round the block as the | letter press is intended to | come down here"; lower left: "You have the Tail piece to this"; lower right: "at the bottom of the page"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beach | boulder | boy | bucket | cap (headgear) | children | children's literature | coast | costume | dress | genre subject | girl | hats | illustration | landscape | net (object) | pail | rocks (landforms) | sailor collar | sailor suit | sand | sash | sea | shore (landform) | stream | wading
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Alfred W. Cooper, active 1850–1901, British, Excelsior, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.