Print made by Alfred W. Cooper, active 1850–1901, British, A Fishing Village, undated
A Fishing Village
- Wood-engraving with hand coloring on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 8 9/16 x 6 11/16 inches (21.8 x 17 cm) and 8 9/16 x 5 3/8 inches (21.8 x 13.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "(y) mae(?)"; upper right: "8"; lower center: "A Fishing Village"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- baskets | beach | bird | boats | cargo | children's literature | coast | fisherman | fishing | fishing vessels | genre subject | illustration | man | marine art | masts | nets (objects) | sea | seagull | seaman | ships | shore (landform) | village
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.