A Fishing Village (tail piece)
- Wood-engraving with hand coloring on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 4 x 6 5/8 inches (10.2 x 16.9 cm) and Image (no border): 2 7/8 x 4 15/16 inches (7.3 x 12.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "(Z)"; upper right: "8"; lower center: "A Fishing Village"; lower right: "Tail piece"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beach | boats | boy | cap (headgear) | cargo | chains | child | children's literature | coast | dunes | fishing | flags | genre subject | hills | illustration | landscape | ropes | sea | shore (landform) | tent | tipi | village
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Alfred W. Cooper, active 1850–1901, British, A Fishing Village (tail piece), undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.