St. Herbert's Chapel
- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Line engraving, 1st state on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 5/8 × 6 7/8 inches (29.5 × 17.5 cm), Image: 3 × 3 1/2 inches (7.6 × 8.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.379"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "Roger's Poems 1833"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "St. Herberts's Chapel"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "1st state"
Lettered, lower left: "J.M.W. Turner, R.A."; lettered, lower right: "H. Le Keux. | Printed by Mc Queen."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | boat | chapel | cloud | college | hill | historical subject | island | lake | literary theme | man | marine art | moon | moonlight | mountain | night | reflection | religious and mythological subject | Rogers, Samuel, 'Poems' (1834) | tree | water | window
- Associated Places:
- Cumbria | Derwent Water | England | Lake District | St. Herbert's Island | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Henry Le Keux, 1787–1868, British, St. Herbert's Chapel, 1834
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.