- Architectural Designs incorporating Chinoiserie Motifs: Rails
- Etching on moderately thick, textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 15/16 x 15 3/8 inches (25.3 x 39 cm), Plate: 8 1/8 x 12 15/16 inches (20.6 x 32.8 cm), and Image: 7 1/2 x 12 1/2 inches (19 x 31.8 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, on back, upper center: "Plans & Railing"
Lettered, in black ink, lower left: "Bickham According to Act of Parliam,t 1751."; lower center: "To be made of Rough Wood, or Fagots &c."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | building | Chinese | Chinoiserie | design | dome | fences | motif | rails | trees | wood
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by George Bickham, 1684–1769, British, Architectural Designs incorporating Chinoiserie Motifs: Rails, 1751
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.