Shakespeare Illustration: "Measure for Measure"
- Watercolor and pen and ink on medium, sligtly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 6 3/8 × 4 inches (16.2 × 10.2 cm)
Inscribed in pen and gray ink, lower center: "O Prince, I conjure thee as thou believ'st | There is another comfort than this world, | That thou neglect me not; with that opinion;| That I am touch with madnefs"
Lettered in pen and gray ink, upper center: "MEASURE | for | MEASURE"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of George E. Dix, Yale BA 1934, MA 1942
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- begging | castles | literary theme | Measure for Measure, play by William Shakespeare | men | plays by William Shakespeare | trees | women
- Associated People:
- Isabella, a novice nun (character in Measure for Measure)
Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, Shakespeare Illustration: "Measure for Measure", undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.