- Shakespeare Illustration: "Henry VIII"
- Watercolor and pen and ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 6 1/2 × 4 inches (16.5 × 10.2 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "Read o'er this. | And after this; and then to breakfast, with | What appetite you may. | Act 3."
Lettered upper center: "KING HENRY VIII"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of George E. Dix, Yale BA 1934, MA 1942
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- courtiers | Henry VIII, Act III, Scene II | Henry VIII, play by William Shakespeare | letters (correspondence) | literary theme | plays by William Shakespeare | swords | thrones
- Associated People:
- Wolsey, Thomas (1470/71–1530), royal minister, archbishop of York, and cardinal
Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
Henry VIII (1491–1547), king of England and Ireland
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, Shakespeare Illustration: "Henry VIII", undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.