Traitor's Gate - Tower of London
- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Line engraving, 1st state on moderately thick, smooth, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 11 5/8 × 6 5/16 inches (29.5 × 16 cm), Image: 3 1/4 × 3 1/4 inches (8.3 × 8.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.383"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "Roger's | Poems 1833"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "The Tower Traitors' Gate"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "1st state"
Lettered, lower left: "Turner, R.A."; lettered, lower right: "Goodall. | Printed by Gad & Keningale."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | gate | river | tower (single built work)
- Associated Places:
- London | Thames | Tower Hamlets | Tower of London | Traitor's Gate | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Edward Goodall, 1795–1870, British, Traitor's Gate - Tower of London, 1834
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.