Venice, The Rialto - Moonlight
- Part Of:
- Line engraving, 1st state on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 11 5/8 × 6 1/2 inches (29.5 × 16.5 cm), Image: 3 1/2 × 4 inches (8.9 × 10.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.386"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "Rogers' | Poems 1833"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "The Rialto - Venice"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "1st state"
Lettered, center left: "Turner, R.A."; lettered, center right: "Miller."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bridge | canal
- Associated Places:
- Grand Canal | Italy | Ponte di Rialto | Venice
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Miller, 1796–1882, British, Venice, The Rialto - Moonlight, 1834
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.