A Frigate in a Calm
- Aquatint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 9/16 x 16 7/16 inches (26.9 x 41.8 cm), Plate: 8 9/16 x 10 9/16 inches (21.7 x 26.9 cm), Image: 6 3/4 x 9 1/8 inches (17.2 x 23.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper center: "4/0lakes"; on back, lower right: "K20600"
Lettered, lower left: "Webster del."; lower center: "A Frigate in a Calm. | Published July 8, 1811, by C. Testolini, 73 Cornhill London."; lower right: "Hill, sculp."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- birds | boats | coastline | frigate | marine art | men | moored | mooring | ocean | rigging | rowboat | sails | sea | seagulls | ships
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.