A Sloop of War in a Light Breeze
- Aquatint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/2 x 16 7/16 inches (26.7 x 41.8 cm), Plate: 8 9/16 x 10 5/8 inches (21.8 x 27 cm), and Image: 6 3/4 x 9 3/16 inches (17.2 x 23.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "K20601"
Lettered, lower left: "Webster del."; lower center: "A Sloop of War in a light Breeze. | Published July 8, 1811 by G. Testolini, 73 COrnhill, London."; lower right: "Hill Sculpt."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- barrels | boats | coastline | marine art | men | moored | mooring | ocean | rigging | sails | sea | seagulls | ships | sloop (sailing vessel) | sloop (warship)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
J. Hill, active 19th century, A Sloop of War in a Light Breeze, 1811
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.