A Sloop of War in a Light Breeze
- Aquatint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- 10 1/2 x 16 7/16 inches (26.7 x 41.8 cm), 8 9/16 x 10 5/8 inches (21.8 x 27 cm), and 6 3/4 x 9 3/16 inches (17.2 x 23.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "K20601"
Lettered, lower left: "Webster del."; lower center: "A Sloop of War in a light Breeze. | Published July 8, 1811 by G. Testolini, 73 COrnhill, London."; lower right: "Hill Sculpt."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- barrels | birds | boats | coastline | gesturing | marine art | men | moored | mooring | ocean | rigging | sails | sea | seagulls | ships | sloop (sailing vessel) | sloop (warship)
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
J. Hill, active 19th century, A Sloop of War in a Light Breeze, 1811
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.