IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
J. Hill, active 19th century, A First Rate after a Storm, 1811
A First Rate after a Storm
- Aquatint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/2 x 16 9/16 inches (26.6 x 42.1 cm), Plate: 8 1/2 x 10 9/16 inches (21.6 x 26.8 cm), Image: 6 13/16 x 9 3/16 inches (17.3 x 23.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "K20603"
Lettered, lower left: "Webster del."; lower center: "A first Rate after a Storm. | Published July 8, 1811, by C. Testolini, 73 Cornhill London."; lower right: "Hill, sculp."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- birds | boats | coastline | First Rate (ship designation) | flags | marine art | men | ocean | rigging | rowboat | rowing | sails | sea | seagulls | ship of the line | ships | storm | wind
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.