- Joseph Wilton, Esq.
- Mezzotint and etching on thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/4 x 7 9/16 inches (26 x 19.2 cm), Plate: 8 7/16 x 6 7/16 inches (21.4 x 16.4 cm), and Image: 4 15/16 x 4 inches (12.5 x 10.1 cm)
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Sir Joshua Reynolds."; lower center: "JOSEPH WILTON ESQRE. R. A. | From the original picture in the possession of Geo. Wilton Chambers. Esqr. | Clough House, Yorkshire. | London, Henry Graves &. Compy,, 6, Pall Mall, 1862."; lower right: "Fredk. Bromley."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | braiding | branches | costume | curls | fur | man | portrait | sculptor
- Associated People:
- Wilton, Joseph (1722–1803), sculptor
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Frederick Bromley, active 1856–1860, Joseph Wilton, Esq, 1862
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.