IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Frederick Bromley, active 1856–1860, Joseph Wilton, Esq, 1862
Joseph Wilton, Esq.
- Additional Title(s):
Joseph Wilton Esqre. R. A.
Joseph Wilton Esq. R.A.
- Mezzotint and etching on thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/4 x 7 9/16 inches (26 x 19.2 cm), Plate: 8 7/16 x 6 7/16 inches (21.4 x 16.4 cm), Image: 4 15/16 x 4 inches (12.5 x 10.1 cm)
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Sir Joshua Reynolds."; lower center: "JOSEPH WILTON ESQRE. R. A. | From the original picture in the possession of Geo. Wilton Chambers. Esqr. | Clough House, Yorkshire. | London, Henry Graves &. Compy,, 6, Pall Mall, 1862."; lower right: "Fredk. Bromley."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | braiding | branches | costume | curls | fur | man | portrait | sculptor
- Associated People:
- Wilton, Joseph (1722–1803), sculptor
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.