IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Edward Francis Finden, 1791–1857, British, Hester Lynch Piozzi (Mrs. Thrale), 1835
Hester Lynch Piozzi (Mrs. Thrale)
- Stipple engraving, line engraving and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper with beige chine collé
- Sheet: 13 7/16 × 9 15/16 inches (34.2 × 25.2 cm), Plate: 9 1/2 × 7 1/4 inches (24.2 × 18.4 cm), Chine collé: 9 1/8 × 7 inches (23.2 × 17.8 cm), Image: 4 1/8 × 3 1/4 inches (10.4 × 8.3 cm)
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by Sir Joshua Reynolds."; lower right: "Engraved by E. Finden."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- author | cameo | collar | curls | feather | gaze | hat | playwright | poet | portrait | posing | shawl | smiling | woman
- Associated People:
- Piozzi, Hester Lynch (1741-1821), author/poet
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
Justin Lovill, 1776 : A London Chronicle or How to Divert Oneself while Losing an Empire, The Bunbury Press, London, 2019, p. 291b, DA682 .L66 2019 (LC) (YCBA) [YCBA]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.