- William Penn's Treaty with the Indians
- Line-engraving and etching, published state
- Plate: 16 3/4 x 23 1/4in. (42.5 x 59.1cm)
Engraved inscriptions: Below image at left, "Benj. West prixit."; below "WILLIAM PENN'S Treaty with the INDIANS, when he Founded the PROVINCE of PENNSYLVANIA in NORTH AMERICA 1681."; below, "To the Proprietories of the Province of Pennsylvania, &c. &c."; below, "This PRINT, Engraved from the Original Painting belonging to the late Thomas Penn Esquire."; below, "Is respectfully Inscribed by Their obidient humble Servant."; below, "JOHN BOYDELL."; below, "Published June 12th 1775 by JOHN BOYDELL Engraver in Cheapside London."; below image at right, "John Hall Sculpsit."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Hall, 1739–1797, British, William Penn's Treaty with the Indians, 1775
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.