The Affectionate Daughter
- Stipple engraving, printed in color on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 15/16 × 11 7/16 inches (37.9 × 29 cm), Image: 12 × 9 15/16 inches (30.5 × 25.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "1792" with arrow pointing to portion of lettering that had been cut off
Collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Painted by Wheatley R,, A"; lower center: [following text partially cut off] "The Affectionate Daughter | Pubd March 12 [...] Eginton [...] & J F Tomkins No [...] New Bond Street London"; lower right: "Engrav'd by J Eginton"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bonnets (hats) | bowl (vessel) | bushes | chair | chicken | coins | costume | daughter | dresses | elderly | genre subject | gesture | girl | gown | hands | house | interior | jug | love | meat | mother | pail | pan (container) | peasant | poverty | stool | stripes | table | women | worn
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.