The Affectionate Daughter
- Stipple engraving, printed in color on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet (cropped inside plate): 14 15/16 x 11 7/16 inches (37.9 x 29 cm) and Image: 12 x 9 15/16 inches (30.5 x 25.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "1792" with arrow pointing to portion of lettering that had been cut off
collector's stamp of the Paul Mellon Collection, in blue ink, on back, lower center, within two concentric circles: "PAUL MELLON | COLLECTION"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Painted by Wheatley R,, A"; lower center: [following text partially cut off] "The Affectionate Daughter | Pubd March 12 [...] Eginton [...] & J F Tomkins No [...] New Bond Street London"; lower right: "Engrav'd by J Eginton"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bonnets (hats) | bowl (vessel) | bushes | chair | chicken | coins | costume | daughter | dresses | elderly | genre subject | gesture | girl | gown | house | interior | jug | love | mother | pail | pan (container) | peasant | poverty | stool | stripes | table | women | worn
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.