IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by William Ward, 1766–1826, British, The Disaster, 1789
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 23 × 17 3/8 inches (58.4 × 44.1 cm), Plate: 21 3/4 × 15 7/8 inches (55.2 × 40.3 cm), Image: 20 3/16 × 15 13/16 inches (51.3 × 40.2 cm)
Collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by F. Wheatly"; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by W. Ward."; lettered, lower center: "THE DISASTER. | London. Publish'd July 26th 1789 by J.R.Smith No.31 King Street Covent Garden."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bird | bird cage | cat (domestic cat) | genre | glass | literary theme
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.