- The Disaster
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 23 × 17 3/8 inches (58.4 × 44.1 cm), Plate: 21 3/4 × 15 7/8 inches (55.2 × 40.3 cm), and Image: 20 3/16 × 15 13/16 inches (51.3 × 40.2 cm)
Paul Mellon Collector's mark
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by F. Wheatly"; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by W. Ward."; lettered, lower center: "THE DISASTER. | London. Publish'd July 26th 1789 by J.R.Smith No.31 King Street Covent Garden."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bird | bird cage | cat (domestic cat) | genre | glass | literary theme
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Ward, 1766–1826, British, The Disaster, 1789
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.