- Henry Grattan
- Mezzotint and etching on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 14 13/16 x 10 13/16 inches (37.6 x 27.5 cm) and Image: 13 1/16 x 10 5/8 inches (33.2 x 27 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower center: "Gratten"
collector's stamp of the Paul Mellon Collection, in blue ink, on back, center, within two concentric circles: "PAUL MELLON | COLLECTION"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Painted by F. Wheatly."; lower center: "Publish'd Septr. 10th. 1782, by V. Green, No. 29, Newman Street, Oxford Street, London."; lower right: "Engrav'd by V. Green, Mezzotinto Engraver to his Majesty & to the Elector Palatine."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armed forces | coat | cravat | man | portrait | ruffle | uniform
- Associated People:
- Grattan, Henry (bap. 1746, d. 1820), politician
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Valentine Green, 1739–1813, British, Henry Grattan, 1782
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.