IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Valentine Green, 1739–1813, British, Henry Grattan, 1782
- Mezzotint on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 14 13/16 × 10 13/16 inches (37.6 × 27.5 cm), Image: 13 1/16 × 10 5/8 inches (33.2 × 27 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower center: "Gratten"
Collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Painted by F. Wheatly."; lower center: "Publish'd Septr. 10th. 1782, by V. Green, No. 29, Newman Street, Oxford Street, London."; lower right: "Engrav'd by V. Green, Mezzotinto Engraver to his Majesty & to the Elector Palatine."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armed forces | coat | cravat | man | portrait | ruffle | uniform
- Associated People:
- Grattan, Henry (bap. 1746, d. 1820), politician
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.