- Part Of:
- Line engraving 1st published state on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige, wove paper, with gray chine colle
- Sheet: 11 3/4 × 16 13/16 inches (29.8 × 42.7 cm), Plate: 6 3/4 × 9 1/4 inches (17.1 × 23.5 cm), Chine collé: 6 7/16 × 8 7/8 inches (16.4 × 22.5 cm), and Image: 3 5/8 × 5 9/16 inches (9.2 × 14.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.406"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "The plate has the title (uninked)"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "Gibraltar"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "yron's Works one of Turner's proofs (Brentwood April 46)"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner, R.A., from a sketch by G. Reinagle."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by E.Finden."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- marine art | mountain | sea
- Associated Places:
- Gibraltar | Gibraltar, Rock of | Mediterranean Sea | Spain
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Edward Francis Finden, 1791–1857, British, Gibraltar, 1832-1834
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.