- Additional Title(s):
Bless My Heart, How Cold It Is
- Part Of:
- Stipple engraving and etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- 8 3/8 × 6 3/8 inches (21.3 × 16.2 cm) and 7 5/16 × 6 3/8 inches (18.5 × 16.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "(IR74/872)" on back, lower right, in brown ink: "2245"; in graphite: "WINTER- | ; on s/v Wheatley [s-shaped mark]"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Painted by F. Wheatley"; lower center: "Bless my heart how cold it is. | Bon dieù qu'il fait froid."; lower right: "Engrav'd by F. Bartolozzi R. A. Engraver to his Majesty"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bow (costume accessory) | cold | costume | fur | hat | muff | portrait | ribbon | seasons | winter | woman
- Associated People:
- Wheatley (née Pope), Clara Maria (1768-1838), Francis Wheatley's wife
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Winter, 1789
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.