- Additional Title(s):
Bless My Heart, How Cold It Is
- Part Of:
- Stipple engraving and etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet (cropped inside plate): 8 3/8 x 6 3/8 inches (21.3 x 16.2 cm) and Image: 7 5/16 x 6 3/8 inches (18.5 x 16.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "(IR74/872)" on back, lower right, in brown ink: "2245"; in graphite: "WINTER- | ; on s/v Wheatley [s-shaped mark]"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Painted by F. Wheatley"; lower center: "Bless my heart how cold it is. | Bon dieù qu'il fait froid."; lower right: "Engrav'd by F. Bartolozzi R. A. Engraver to his Majesty"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cold | costume | fur | hat | muff | portrait | ribbon | seasons | winter | woman
- Associated People:
- Wheatley (née Pope), Clara Maria (1768-1838), Francis Wheatley's wife
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Winter, 1789
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.