"One Step to the Deathbed"
- Pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 7 3/8 × 11 inches (18.7 × 27.9 cm)
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink lower left: "WILLIAM HOLMAN HUNT | PRB. 1848"
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "W Holman Hunt to his PRB | Dante G Rosetti"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Bequest of Richard L. Purdy
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- child | genre subject | man | nun | nurse | sick
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Pre-Raphaelites (Tate) (Tate Britain, 1984-03-07 - 1984-05-28) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Colin Cruise, Pre-Raphaelite Drawing, Thames & Hudson, London, 2011, pp. 49, 50, Fig. 48, N6767.5 P7 C78 2011 + (YCBA) [YCBA]
Holman Hunt and the Pre-Raphaelite vision, Art Gallery of Toronto, Toronto, New Haven, CT, 2008, pp. 36, 218, fig. 6, NJ18 H918 H65 2008 + (YCBA) [YCBA]