The Summit of Cader Idris Mountain
- Line engraving and etching with hand coloring on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 17 5/8 x 24 inches (44.8 x 61 cm), Plate: 15 7/8 x 21 1/2 inches (40.3 x 54.6 cm)
Inscribed, verso, in graphite, lower left: "16401 | 9 4/20"; in graphite, lower right: "(IR74/648)"
Collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
Lettered lower left: "Richd. Wilsoon Pinxt."; lower center: "The Summit of Cader-Idris Mountain, | in North Wales." lower center: "Le Sommet de Cader-Idris, | Montagne dans la Principauté de Galles."; lower right: "E. & M. Rooker Sculpsert."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cattle | crater | lake | legends (folk tales) | mountain | telescope | tourism | tourists
- Associated Places:
- Cader Idris
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Nobleness and Grandeur - Forging Historical Landscape in Britain, 1760 - 1850 (Yale Center for British Art, 2005-01-27 - 2005-04-24) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
The Romantic Landscape Prints - The Chiaroscuro of Nature (Yale Center for British Art, 2002-09-25 - 2002-12-29) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Fairest Isle - The Appreciation of British Scenery 1750-1850 (Yale Center for British Art, 1989-04-12 - 1989-06-25) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]