The Summit of Cader Idris Mountain
- Line engraving and etching with hand coloring on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 17 5/8 x 24 inches (44.8 x 61 cm) and Plate: 15 7/8 x 21 1/2 inches (40.3 x 54.6 cm)
Inscribed, verso, in graphite, lower left: "16401 | 9 4/20"; in graphite, lower right: "(IR74/648)"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
Lettered lower left: "Richd. Wilsoon Pinxt."; lower center: "The Summit of Cader-Idris Mountain, | in North Wales." lower center: "Le Sommet de Cader-Idris, | Montagne dans la Principauté de Galles."; lower right: "E. & M. Rooker Sculpsert."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cattle | crater | lake | legends (folk tales) | mountain | telescope | tourism | tourists
- Associated Places:
- Cader Idris
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Rooker, 1724–1774, British, The Summit of Cader Idris Mountain, 1775
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.