Kilgarren Castle, South Wales
- Line engraving and etching with hand coloring on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 18 x 24 3/4 inches (45.7 x 62.9 cm) and Plate: 16 x 21 3/8 inches (40.6 x 54.3 cm)
Inscribed, verso, in graphite, lower left: "16404 | 9 4/20"; in graphite, lower right: "(IR74/656)"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
Lettered lower left: "Richd. Wilson pinxt."; lower left: "KILGARREN CASTLE, | in South Wales."; lower right: "LE CHATEAU DE KILGARREN, | dans la Principauté de Galles."; lower right: "Willm. Elliott Sculpt."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- castle | castles | cliffs | fishing | hills | rivers | rocks (landforms) | ruins | towers
- Associated Places:
- Kilgarren castle
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
William Elliot, active 1774, died 1792, British, Kilgarren Castle, South Wales, 1765
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.