- Line engraving and etching with hand coloring on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 15 3/4 x 21 3/8in. (40 x 54.3cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "<Mr><. . .>"; inscribed, verso, in graphite, lower left: "16399 | 9 4/20"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
Lettered lower left: "Richard Wilson Pinxt."; lower left: "SNOWDEN HILL, | and the adjacent Country in North Wales."; lower right: "LE MONTAGNE DE SNOWDEN, \ avec les Environs dans la Principauté de Galles."; lower right: "William Woollett Sculpt."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | fishing | hills | lakes | landscape | mountains | trees
- Associated Places:
- Snowden Hill
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Martin Postle, Richard Wilson and the transformation of European landscape painting, Yale University Press, New Haven, 2014, p. 265, NJ18.W72 R53 2014 OVERSIZE (YCBA)