House of Sallust
- Etching, aquatint, roulette, and drypoint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 3/8 × 13 3/4 inches (28.9 × 34.9 cm), Plate: 6 × 8 inches (15.2 × 20.3 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "1965.63.98"
Watermark: F.J. Head & Co
Signed in graphite, lower right: "W. Walcot"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | columns (architectural elements) | domus | house | people | tents
- Associated Places:
- House of Sallust | Italy | Pompeii
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Walcot, 1874–1943, British, House of Sallust, 1920
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.