Santa Maria della Spina, Pisa
- Part Of:
- Line engraving, engraver's proof on thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper, with gray, chine colle
- Sheet: 16 5/16 × 10 13/16 inches (41.4 × 27.5 cm), Plate: 9 3/16 × 6 13/16 inches (23.3 × 17.3 cm), Chine collé: 8 7/8 × 6 5/8 inches (22.5 × 16.8 cm), and Image: 3 1/2 × 3 3/8 inches (8.9 × 8.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.415"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "Turner - E. Finden"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "Santa Moaria della Spina. Life & Works of Byron 1832-34"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "(From the plate when lettered. printed blind) | From A. Wallis c.1916"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridge | church | river
- Associated Places:
- Arno | Church of Santa Maria della Spina | Italy | Pisa | Ponte Solferino
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Edward Francis Finden, 1791–1857, British, Santa Maria della Spina, Pisa, 1832-1834
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.