Bacharach on the Rhine
- Part Of:
- Line engraving, 3rd state on medium, slightly textured, beige, wove paper, with cream, chine colle
- Sheet: 11 3/8 × 8 5/8 inches (28.9 × 21.9 cm), Plate: 9 3/16 × 7 inches (23.3 × 17.8 cm), Chine collé: 8 13/16 × 6 5/8 inches (22.4 × 16.8 cm), and Image: 3 1/2 × 3 1/4 inches (8.9 × 8.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.418"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "Byron"; lower right: "(T.W. Nov.41)"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner, R.A."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by E. Finden."; lettered, lower center: "BACHARACH. | On the Rhine. Published by John Murray, Albemarle Street, 1832."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- church | landscape (representation) | river | ruins
- Associated Places:
- Bacharach | Germany | Rhine | Saint Peter’s Church | Saint Werner’s Chapel | Stahleck Castle
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Edward Francis Finden, 1791–1857, British, Bacharach on the Rhine, 1832
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.