- Part Of:
- after 1821
- Materials & Techniques:
- Lithograph with hand coloring on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 13/16 × 12 9/16 inches (22.4 × 31.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "E"; on back, lower right: "56725/4 | LN-"
Lettered in black ink, within image, upper center, on paper pasted to sheet: "PUNCH"; within image, lower left: "I A ATKINSON"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- apron | audience | basket | bonnets | boys | buildings | children | coats | cobblestones | dog (animal) | donkey | dress | fair | fence | genre subject | girl | hats | men | performance | Punch and Judy | puppet theater | puppets | sidewalk | stage | stick | street | tailcoat | trees | trousers | wall | watching | women
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Rowney & Forster, active 1820–1822, Punch, after 1821